Video and photo instructions for our Hands Free Leash Belt, as well as safety warnings and tips.
How to Wear the Leash Belt
1. Before attaching a leash to the Leash Belt, adjust the length using the metal triglide slider so it fits snugly enough around your hips.
2. Secure the Leash Belt around you with the larger 2” plastic buckle and make sure it clicks together without any clothing being pinched by the buckle. Give it a tug to make sure the buckle is properly secured.
3. Open the smaller 1” plastic buckle and thread it through the handle(s) of your leash(es).
4. Secure the small buckle, making sure it clicks together without any clothing or leash handle being pinched by the buckle. Give it a tug to make sure the buckle is properly secured.
Safety Warnings & Tips
- We recommend wearing the Leash Belt on or just below your hips for optimal comfort and balance.
- The Leash Belt can be used with any regular style leash that has a handle loop as well as retractable leashes. Retractable leashes compliment the Leash Belt very well but we HIGHLY recommend using a retractable leash with a maximum extension of 6’ or less such as the Flexi City model.
- We recommend attaching no more than 4 leashes to the Leash Belt at a time.
- Be aware that it is possible to be pulled to the ground by large dogs that are not well behaved on a leash. Never use the Leash Belt to walk more and/or larger dogs than you would be comfortable walking without using the Leash Belt.
- Be aware that it is possible to trip over a leash if a dog crosses in front of you.
- In case of emergency, either of the two plastic buckles on the Leash Belt can be quickly released with one hand to detach yourself from your dog(s).
- Inspect the Leash Belt periodically and discontinue use immediately if damage is found. The Leash Belt will be replaced or refunded for a period of one year from purchase if damage occurs from normal use.
Our products are not intended for use by children. Please contact us if you have any questions or problems at 1-888-407-2829.